clinet has old InDesign and running 10.3 how to share files

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to share InDesign files between versions that won't talk to each other. The old 2.0 version is incompatible with the CS versions. Really - I've tried! The "interchange" feature will work among CS, CS2 and CS3 only.

I have a client who is running Indesign 2.0 on a MB that has 10.3 on it. I have Indesign CS and leopard. For her to upgrade she needs an InDesign upgrade AND an OS upgrade (which she can't do right now). I can buy an old version of 2.0, but Adobe says it will NOT run on 10.5. I've seen and talked to a few people online that say they have used it on 10.5, but I don't want to buy it if it isn't going to work. There are some listed on Ebay, but I thought I would check here first and see if anyone here had an opinion about it.

Thanks,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MDD 867, 2GB, ATI 9800 Pro, 10.5.x
Adobe supposedly released some plug-ins to allow 3.0 to export as an .inx for reverse compatibility, but I guess they're impossible to find?

Scripting plug-in and the XML reader plug-in.

Your best bet is to save as pdfs and have her proof the job through reader or acrobat. You can send her the .indd 3.0 files after she signs off on it so she'll have the original for her records.

OP
rcronin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Adobe supposedly released some plug-ins to allow 3.0 to export as an .inx for reverse compatibility, but I guess they're impossible to find?

Scripting plug-in and the XML reader plug-in.

Your best bet is to save as pdfs and have her proof the job through reader or acrobat. You can send her the .indd 3.0 files after she signs off on it so she'll have the original for her records.

The .inx files work for CS, CS2 and CS3, not not earlier versions which she has. At first I thought I was wicked smart when I found that plug-in and how they worked. But then I realized that they didn't work for us. :p

I have been sending her PDF's to proof. I should have described the job. I am doing the layout of stories for a magazine. She was sending me individual stories and in theory I would send them back and she could "place" them in her master doc of the whole magazine. Last time I sent her an exported ID pdf and crossed my fingers that she could place it OK. I have yet to hear back on that one.

Anyone here running ID 2.0 on leopard?

OP
rcronin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Bump. One more try, anyone here running Indesign 2.0 on an Leopard. I will buy it if it will run. Adobe says no, but I don't know if I believe them. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.