• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

migrane

Reaction score
anyone ever have a migrane so painful that you would puke when you stood up or moved?

I did this morning, its horrible. I woke up went to the bathroom to shower and puked my guts out, then on my way to work i got about a mile down the street then had to pull over to puke. I got to work and had to run to the bathroom to yuke again. I got sent home 2 hours i got there and went to drive home and had to pull over to yuke again. Nothing can describe how that feels, its just that bad...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Yep, I used to have migraine issues a couple years back. Had MRI's taken and everything. Turns out it was a fleeting issue as I eventually downgraded to normal headaches :p

When you're having one of those stomach churning migraines, the best thing to do is sleep it off. Usually an hour or so is enough to get over it.

Reaction score
Just once. Saw flashing colors out of my left eye. Felt like someone was drilling holes in my head. Even after it went away I couldn't believe that something that painful could be 'harmless'. Scared me to death. I never want to go through that again.

Reaction score
I used to vomit whenever I had a migraine and sometimes my vision was affected by shimmering lights and gaps in vision.

Thankfully I no longer suffer from migraine, prescribed medical treatment with calcium antagonist tablets has eradicated the condition.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
anyone ever have a migrane so painful that you would puke when you stood up or moved? ... Nothing can describe how that feels, its just that bad...

Two close friends and I suffered migraines for years. What was worse, everyone around us suffered too, really hard for young(er) children to understand why they simply must not make a noise or disturb an adult suffering a migraine headache.

Have your blood pressure checked, also some allergy tests. Things like excess carotene, egg protein, dairy fats, chocolate, caffeine etc. For some people, a change in or modification of diet has worked wonders, no specific medication required, other than occasional mild pain killers like paracetomol.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Yeah, usually once per year, usually in the fall. It won't go away until I've fallen asleep or something opens up in my sinuses. It's been so bad at times that I've vomited - it's really quite an awful thing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I get them every so often too. But if I drink enough water and don't work too much on my mac, then they don't come around that often.

Drink enough water. That's what I tell everyone who has them. And it seems to help a lot. After that, well all the above have discussed that in quite some detail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
whenever I get a migraine I get nauseated...don't always upchuck though thank god

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
I get them too. Any strong smells, bright lights, or noises would really make it worse. But after I puke I would feel a bit better. Than the nap would fix me right up along with half a dozen excedrin migrane caplets.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Driving in that condition sounds dangerous, you should have just called in sick and sleep it off.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I get them every so often too. But if I drink enough water and don't work too much on my mac, then they don't come around that often.

Drink enough water. That's what I tell everyone who has them. And it seems to help a lot. After that, well all the above have discussed that in quite some detail.

Great tip. I also read somewhere that studies show that during a migraine headache, the temperature of the mouth rises dramatically. Apparently some migraine sufferers find relief in sucking on an ice cube. I've found this to be somewhat effective for me too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
I second the water suggestion. Most people are dehydrated even though they think they're getting enough water. Nine or more cups of water a day is actually what "should" be healthy for the adult human body, but most don't drink even a sizeable fraction of this and think sugar-filled beverages that actually dehydrate them are somehow a substitute. And this dehydration causes and exacerbates headaches/migraines quite often. Of course, my grandmother always said the solution to a headache was to get off your butt and stop being lazy. "Headaches are what lazy people get because they have enough free time to get headaches," she insisted. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2 GHZ, Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 80GB Internal HD, 500GB External
I got my first Migraine about a year and a half ago and i have to say it was te most painful think ive ever felt i was pukeing up for about 3 hours non-stop, had this unbelievable pain in my head i was basically holding my head and rolling around in my bed because the pain was unbearable i tried to get comfortable but it was no good it was almost impossible to get my head comfortable.
My mam rushed me to the hospital and it was then that it started to calm down by the time i got into the room were the nurse was asking me questions e.g.what did it feel like, how long did it last etc... it went away.

I then started to get them quite often like 2 times a week then i got these tablets called 'Pizotefen' these worked GREAT! after taken these tablets i never got a Migraine for about a month and when i finally got a Migraine it wasnt really that painful compared to my 1st Migraine, all i did was go to bed and i would feel as if there was no were i could get to sleep but the longer i lied in bed the more relaxed i got and i would wake up about 2 hours later with a slight headache but nothing worth moaning about.

Now because i have a new job i havent had a migraine in about 3-4 months i couldnt be more happy.

MrMathematical

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Nice first post MrMathematical :D

I know what you mean about the excruciating pain. My aunt has those style of migraines every once in a while and has to be hospitalized for 2-3 days before it subsides.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" Alu, Time Capsule, iPhone
I get them too, since I was thirteen
and besides a vision problem, I also have a speech problem plus vomiting,
and the worse thing about it is that you never know when it's going to hit you. I have some pills now (called imigran) which I take by the first sign of migraine (flashing lights), and those pills reduce the pain significally

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.