• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Problems buying iPhone w/ Credit Protection?

Reaction score
Anyone have problems purchasing an iPhone with credit protection? I had my information stolen last year and now have Debix to protect my credit file. Each time someone try's to access my file they have to call the Debix 800 number, enter my extension #, and the automated system automatically calls my cell phone for approval.

Apple's finance department won't deal with the automated system (It's tough selecting option 1 and entering my extension) so they just hang up each time they call the credit company. They are telling me I have to call all 3 credit bureau's to have this removed before they will approve my purchase!

I can't be the only one with credit protection. How does everyone else deal with it?

Reaction score
What country do you live in?
Have you tried purchasing through the service provider?

OP
D
Reaction score
Got it sorted...

I finally got this sorted out after 7 hrs of haggling with AT&T! Their wonderful credit department was either too lazy or inept to follow the Debix automated prompt system to approve my purchase.

For anyone else with credit protection, I would recommend the following:

A) immediately ask to deal with an AT&T customer service manager when the apple rep calls for the credit check

B) Inform them of the approval procedure and provide any phone extensions if applicable (they didn't seem to have mine)

C) If AT&T tells you they won't deal with an automated system, ask the apple rep to call back and speak with a different AT&T rep (save's time instead of arguing with somebody who doesn't know what they are doing)

D) Repeat the above until successful. The apple rep misspelled my name after finally getting the credit approval and I had to start the process all over again....only to get another AT&T rep who said I would have to have the credit protection removed before getting approved for my phone purchase.

Persistence prevails....and I love my iPhone!!! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.