How to uninstall software

J

Jon

Hey guys,

I have just installed a copy of photoshop CS for my Mac, but i want to get rid of it. How would i go about un-installing it?

Thanks,
Jon

OP
?

)(*

im stil new myself, so dont hold me to it.
but go to your applications folder. fing the icon to photoshop

click and drag it to the trashcan. then open the trashcan, click finder at the top, and clikc empty trash.

all good now i hope,

ps, merry christmas!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
yea, just delete the photoshop cs folder in applications. you dont have to open the trash can to empty it, matter of fact, theres even a kb shortcut:shift+command+delete.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
that ejects cds and dvds

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
adidadi said:
What is the eject button for? Does that delete the program?
wait, do you mean eject on the keyboard? or when you drag something over the trash, and the trash turns into an eject icon?

OP
A

adidadi

I should have been more specifiec; the eject icon in Finder. Some programs are ejectable. Does this delete the program?
Also, when I download a program, I launch it and then drag it into the applications section to install it. Is that correct? Sorry; 15 year PC user.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
adidadi said:
I should have been more specifiec; the eject icon in Finder. Some programs are ejectable. Does this delete the program?
Also, when I download a program, I launch it and then drag it into the applications section to install it. Is that correct? Sorry; 15 year PC user.

You're thinking of disk images.

When you download most programs, you'll get a .dmg file with an icon that looks like a hard drive on a piece of paper.

If you double-click this file, it will mount into a small white disk image icon that looks like an external hard drive. Disk images are like virtual hard disks; it's as if a tiny hard disk was made into a file that you can download, copy, or delete.

If you open a disk image, you'll usually find the application icon (and sometimes a readme or manual file.) Copy the application icon to the applications folder in your hard disk.

After it's done copying, eject the white disk image icon by dragging it to the trash. Then, delete the .dmg file by dragging it to the trash and emptying the trash.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.