wireless mouse doesn't stay connected

Reaction score
I keep my Macbook plugged into a larger monitor most of the time, but when I do disconnect it and then plug it back into the monitor I lose the connection with my mouse. Sometimes it returns immediately (which I think it should) other times, it takes a minute, but most of the time, it doesn't return at all.

I go into Bluetooth in the preferences and the 'on' box and the 'discoverable' box are both checked, but it says 'mouse not connected' at the left. All I do is uncheck the discoverable box and check it again and it works fine. Pain in the *** though.

Is there something I can do so this thing stays connected all the time and I don't have to go through this each time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
I have a bluetooth mouse as well, and I run into the same random disconnect problem at various times. Not often, but enough I notice. I haven't found a fix to the problem, but I've heard several people complain about bluetooth mice in general.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.