Older Software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lombard 400, 190cs, Wallstreet 233
Hi,

Does anyone know of a good source for classic software? I have found a few games on Mac.theunderdogs and a few random sources, but nothing else is coming up.
Specifically I am looking for a good resource for classic games and productivity software. Preferably abandonware or such so its legal.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
OP
Strimkind
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I used to have a lot of software, including some really hard to come by commercial games that the original developer is still selling. Unfortunately that went away when I sold my iBook some time ago. Now I am getting back into macs with a cheap powerbook I picked up. Tried OS X 10.2 on it but its a bit too sluggish for it, hence why I am trying to find all kinds of mac software. I even have started to look on...the other sites that I cannot talk about.

It is surprisingly difficult to get any software now that everyone is throwing it out. I'm still working with the local mac group to see what people have there.

Thanks for the links btw.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
If I recall correctly 10.2 was supposed to be quite sluggish compared to Panther. Have you tried that on there? You might need 256MB of RAM though.

OP
Strimkind
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have not tried that, but I will see if I can get my hands on a copy and give it a shot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.