Gmail?

DaZ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, iphone 3G, & Classic ipod
I like gmail's mobil email domain better than apple's. Is there a way to assign gmail's mobil inbox to the email icon on my iPhone home screen?
Thanks,
-Daz

Reaction score
I like gmail's mobil email domain better than apple's. Is there a way to assign gmail's mobil inbox to the email icon on my iPhone home screen?
Thanks,
-Daz

Do you want to use the gmail web interface? You can save a bookmark to the home page and then move the icon to the bottom bar.

OP
DaZ

DaZ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the reply, I like gmail's mobile browser because it is faster then apples iphone browser. I was hoping to assign it to the mail icon. They came up with imap but it does not allow me to do this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
Thanks for the reply, I like gmail's mobile browser because it is faster then apples iphone browser. I was hoping to assign it to the mail icon. They came up with imap but it does not allow me to do this.
I'm not sure what your trying to do here...

What do you mean by "gmail's mobile browser..." and "apple's iphone browser..."

Oh... I think I get it... are you trying to assign the gmail web interface to the mail icon on the phone... If so you can't do that... However, when viewing gmail on the web, press the plus button on the bottom bar of safari and select "add icon to home screen"... There you go, a gmail button on your home screen.

OP
DaZ

DaZ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Google has basically only created a website specifically designed to look good on the iPhone. Apple's Mail application on your iPhone has the advantage it will also work when you're not online (to an extent) and is probably also a bit faster to work with.

However you should be able to add a shortcut to the Gmail iPhone website to your home screen. Once there, just tap and hold on the icon until all icons start wiggling. Then drag the gmail icon into the space where Mail currently sits.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
Why not just simply setup your Gmail account under the mail settings?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.