Accessing external hard drive

Reaction score
When I first got my Macbook a few months ago I remember checking that I would be able to access the shared folder on my external hard drive that is attached to my PC from the Macbook.

I haven't needed to work on the documents on it since and now I can't even figure out how to access it now that I need to work on a document thats on it!

I am going round in circles trying to figure out where I'd find the external hard drive on my macbook. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Reaction score
Are you sure it's shared? Right click on the folder on your PC and select the sharing option and look at your settings. I'm thinking you have to do it file by fild on the drive and can't just share the whole drive. I know I'm accessing my external on my PC with my Mac. The folders show up under the network name in Finder on the Mac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.