Running Apps on iPod Touch / iPhone

Reaction score
Hi,

I don't have an ipod or iphone but I've written several applications and tested them in the simulator. I now want to try them on a real device, do I need to join the developer programme to get a certificate before I can try the applications on the devices?

Regards,
Lee

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
you should be able to provision the device to load apps on it from your laptop. That is, if I understood the information i briefly read when I d/loaded the SDK last week

OP
L
Reaction score
Answered my own question

you should be able to provision the device to load apps on it from your laptop. That is, if I understood the information i briefly read when I d/loaded the SDK last week

I just revisited the iphone dev center and found this in the FAQ's

"How do I get my application onto my device for testing?
Assuming your device is connected to your computer via its 30-pin USB cable, and you have a valid certificate from the iPhone Developer Program..."

This means I can't test my application on a device without apple accepting me as a developer. So, these 25,000 developer that previously applied and didn't get accepted - what are they doing now, have they given up or do you re-apply?

Regards,
Lee

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.