Will my macbook be safe?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I bought a macbook 5 months ago in Italy from the apple website and since i am going to study in England , i would like to know whether it is safe for my macbook to work there with the difference of voltage?

Thanks

ciao :)

Adry

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes, it's safe. Your MacBook is designed to operate on various voltages - from our 120V here in North America to the standard 220-240V found throughout Europe and the UK. You'll just need to make sure you have the correct adaptor for the AC mains.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
Yep, should be fine. Like chscaq said, the MacBook by itself is fine; the only problem is the AC voltage from the wall outlets may be incompatible with the power adapter. The International Kit should do it.

OP
Funky_Adry
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your advice.. i guess i will by a simple adapter that will enter english sockets..

Thanks again

ciao

Adry

Reaction score
Where are you going to study in England? We use 240 V 50 Hz over here, but as people have said as long as you get a plug adaptor for your power supply, you should be fine.

Reaction score
Yep it'll be fine. The voltages are the same throughout Europe and the UK & Ireland. Just a different plug type, so if you just pick up a normal travel adaptor you'll be fine. I've travelled to europe loads with all my electronics and they all work no problem so it will work for you! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.