Choose Shared Computers in Sidebar

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Is there a way to choose which computers appear in the sidebar of the finder when it shows the shared computers on a network? At school there is probably about 50 something windows computers and because we have a wireless network set up i have my macbook going on it and some of the other students have their powerbooks, ibooks and macbooks. But we only want to have each others computer appear in the leopard sidebar, is there anyway to make it only show the apple ones (our school is pretty much PC only). Thanks Guys

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
I'm not sure on this but its worth a check..

Click on Finder, then go to the top Finder Menu bar and click Finder/Finder Preferences and click on the tab called, Sidebar.

See what's checked under Shared

good luck

OP
halo200
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Hiya, nope that doesn't work it just shows the normal stuff, like Back to my mac, shared computers and bonjour with tick boxes next to them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.