intel 24" 2.4ghz asorted problems

Reaction score
hi:
my imac is acting weird. recently i lost the desktop. i thought it was a crash and rebooted, but nothing. all the files in the desktop are gone, vanished, poof :(

before that, safari was not oppening some pages. for some i only see the background, for others nothing. i just use firefox now, but i want to know why this is happening.

on mail, i cannot see any of the messages sent or received before march 12, 08. i can see the subjet, date, sender, but nothing comes up on the body of the message. if i try to delete them the sender's name, subject, date, etc. is greyed out, but does not diapear.

i am running 10.5.4 with 3 gb of ram.

can somebody help me, please?
tia
g

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
do all the normal maintenance stuff.... zap pram, rebuild permissions, verify preference files, etc. google osx maintenance

OP
almiroty
Reaction score
i forgot to post that all that i had done maintenance, plus ran disk warrior and tech tools. no difference!
g

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
Try adding a new account, log out and in and see if the problem is duplicated in the new user.

OP
almiroty
Reaction score
how can i get acess to the original account's mail folder from the new user account?
g

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.