Infrared not working with my Apple IR Remote

Reaction score
I have a Macbook Pro 2.4GHZ late model and for some reason the infrared is not working.

A roommate of mine has a Black MacBook (recent) and it connects with his and not mine.

I unpaired it and everything from his and his responds within seconds, mine however, nothing.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out as I am really eager to get this working in my dorm.

Thanks!

I have searched Google for solutions and tried using every MENU + (insert button) combination and nothing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Start by going to the Apple Menu>System Prefs>Security and make sure there is not a check mark next to Disable Remote Control Infrared Receiver. Other than than that I am of no help...

OP
N
Reaction score
Yeah that's not showing up at all and I am speculating it doesn't show up until you try to pair an IR Remote to your laptop.

Aggh this is frustrating because I know this laptop has the IR receiver for the Apple remote...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I have not paired my remotes and it is showing up...

What version of OS are you using?

Reaction score
I am having the same problem... and sometime last year it was working and thus Front Row was working. Again in the Security of System Preferences i do not have the Infrared on/off and I do not find it anywhere.
My system is 10.4.11 and could it be related to it? Have tried everything and today I changed the battery again! Plus I have El Gato EyeTV with its control which also cesase working!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.