Please, help...desperate...

Reaction score
I have a macbook pro and a netgear router that work flawlessly. Recently bought an Airport Express so I could wirelessly stream music to my stereo. I have it set to join the existing network. It drops out like every 5 seconds, about to pull my hair out. Everything is literally in a <10 foot radius. Please help. Do I need to set it up differently? Am very desperate...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Is the Airport Express too close to the stereo equipment? Being too close to a power supply or just electronics in general will interfere with the signal.

OP
P
Reaction score
Nope, away from the gear. Airport utility says it picks it up fine. Checked channel, ensured was not near anyone else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alienware,mbp,imac(3),blackjack,Hp running macintosh,
I have a macbook pro and a netgear router that work flawlessly. Recently bought an Airport Express so I could wirelessly stream music to my stereo. I have it set to join the existing network. It drops out like every 5 seconds, about to pull my hair out. Everything is literally in a <10 foot radius. Please help. Do I need to set it up differently? Am very desperate...

This always happens to me i am right there with you

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.