New Macbook User! Question inside.

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just recently brought myself a 2.4 Ghz Macbook and I'm loving it. I wanted to make it a little more me so I did some "modding" to it. (See pictures below) :D

My question is about the trim piece that goes around the screen. I'm having a hard time putting it back on. I was very careful taking it off and I didn't break any clips the piece is still perfect. I just can't seem to "snap" it back into place. I was just wondering if there is a certain way to put the trim piece back on or any tips to make it easier. Any help would be appreciated.

On to my "Mod" pictures. This whole process was pretty easy other then me getting the trim back on. HAHA I think it turned out great and I'm glad I did it.
2758756328_1bcfec25ea.jpg

2757920535_9f22d21e58.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook, 2.16 GHz C2D, 2 GB ram, 160 GB HD
I can't answer your questions, but that Macbook is PIMPIN'!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Zya,

That really looks neat...

Go to http://www.ifixit.com/ and check out their guides to see if you can find one on taking the trim off for the Macbook. Their guides are pretty good, but I couldn't find any install instructions for that trim piece... Maybe you can do better than I did.

Good luck, Noel

EDIT: I found it - you won't believe how difficult this is. The part is called the Front Bezel. Easy to take off, very difficult to replace if you follow these instructions. Read it all the way through to see where they're coming from... and agian, good luck...http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Mac/MacBook-Core-Duo/Front-Bezel/86/29/

OP
Z
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Noels, Thanks for the link man. I'll see if I can fix it now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks guys.

Noels, Thanks for the link man. I'll see if I can fix it now.

Zya,

Did you read through that Bezel replacement? It does tell you how to put it back on.

It's in the lower of the 2 links I gave you.

Noel

OP
Z
Reaction score
Well I read it but it kind of just leaves you on your own for putting it back on. I mean it just tells you to do it in reverse order. :( I guess I'm just going to keep at it and hopefully get it back on

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I read it but it kind of just leaves you on your own for putting it back on. I mean it just tells you to do it in reverse order. :( I guess I'm just going to keep at it and hopefully get it back on

Zya,

I think the whole point of the ifixit.com guide is that you need to remove the entire display unit to get to the bezel (the trim piece you removed), then it will be free to first remove it and, in reverse, replace it. Seems to me you need to replace the bezel, so you would have to disassemble all the way down to the display to make the bezel replacement possible.

I think this guide is the answer to how you put the trim piece back on. Harder than just popping it off, certainly...

At this point, you could take it by an Apple Store and ask if they can do it for you - bet they've seen this before, and they probably know a short cut and would be happy to help.

Noel

OP
Z
Reaction score
I thought about taking it to the Mac store but the closest one to me is like 3 hours away. :( I will just keep working on it until I get it fixed. Thanks for all your help tho man.

Reaction score
My girlfriend says 'I need that in my life' !!!!

She's a bigger mac fan than me, yet I'm the one with an MBP!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2011 15" 2.0Ghz (hi-res, Momentus XT). 32GB iPhone 4.
Thats sooo sexy, now i want to do it to mine. What did you use?

OP
Z
Reaction score
I used a insert I picked up from a website. I think it was like icolors or something like that. If I can find the link again i post it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC BOOK 13in
omgg that so cool!@@@@!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2GHtz, 2Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD. 16Gb iPT Jailbroken.
Just looked at ifixit, those prices for macbook stuff is insane, $400 for a logic board, $400+ for a screen. It would be better to buy a new macbook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.