Wireless connection is intermittant after updating AirPort Extreme.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMAC 2.4Ghz Aluminum (mid 2007), 2MB RAM
I have a mid 2007 iMac Aluminum running 10.4.11 (tiger), and have a problem with my wireless connection. This started a day after updating the following program "AirPort Extreme Update 2008-002". I think downgrading back to AirPort Extreme Update 2008-001 will solve my problem, but guess what....Apple's taken it down, so I can't download it. Anyone know where I can get a copy or revert back (without having to reinstall my OS)?
I do have a temp workaround. When wireless signal goes from 4 bars down to 0 bars, and I loose internet connectivity, the workaround is to toggle off and on the wireless connection. I do this by clicking on the "bars" at the top of the screen. A menu box appears, and that's where I disable wireless, and then re-enable it. That brings it back up for another 5 minutes or so. Just the fact that toggling airport off and on temporarily fixes it tells me that this is not a wireless router problem (I use a Motorola SBG900). This is an Airport Extreme problem (software related). I've never had this problem until I updated the latest Airport Extreme code back in July.
:(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.