What is the best stand alone scanner to buy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Hi,

I am in the market for a scanner. In particular one with a good enough scan resolution to scan photos, edit them and have the end result looking good. But the catch is here in the part of Australia I live in, only combo scanners are available. The ones that are printer + scanner all in one. But I don't need a printer as I already have one.

Also the scan area would have to be a decent size. Because for most of the combo scanners I've seen here, well there scan area is really tiny. Half the time not even as big as A4. And of course it'd have to run in Leopard.

So my question is does anyone know of a stand alone scanner that would suit my needs? And if so where I could purchase one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.