Best way to hook up Macbook to Plasma

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I had no idea where to put it...

So I want to plug my Macbook into my plasma....whats the best way to do it and what type of cord will give me the best quality?

I've heard about S-Video cables, and other assorted options but I really want good quality (maybe that will give me good HD quality too, now that Hulu is starting to run HD)

Any help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
Mini DVI to DVI from apple is what you need. They are 19 bucks. Than you need a DVI cable and a headphone to red and white RCA cord.
images

images

Reaction score
Why not go Mini DVI to DVI and then DVI to HDMI. I'm assumeing your tv has HDMI plugs.

You will also need the headphone to auido cable like the poster before me said. That way sound will go through your TV.

OP
R
Reaction score
If i pick up a DVI -> HDMI cable...do I need to worry about female/male ends as far as the DVI side is concerned? I'm reading people complaining on the Apple Store site because they screwed up and bought the wrong thing.

Why doesn't apple just make the ONE cable people need? It's excessively complicated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
You could go to HDMI but your still going to have no audio so you will still need the headphone to Red & White RCA.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 7200RPM 200GB
Note that your Macbook is mini-DVI, so you need a mini-DVI to HDMI (not sure if this exists, but it should). Alternatively, you could get a mini-DVI to DVI adaptor, then a DVI to HDMI adaptor, and you're good to go! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.