G5 Dual 2ghz--having Problems With Leopard

Reaction score
I Recently Installed Leopard On My Mac G5 Dual 2ghz, 2gb Memory And Its Been Giving Me Problems. I Have Adobe Cs3 Programs Installed And All Of Them Quit On Me Unexpectedly. Also The Computer Is More Sluggish Now With The New Install. What Can It Be Do I Have To Reinstall The Os Or Do I Need More Memory?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
2 GB should be fine. Start with verifying the disk and repairing permissions and cleaning your caches using Onyx for example, then suggest powering down for 15-30 seconds and then restarting.

I have assumed you are at 10.5.4. If not do this step first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
I believe the issue to be in the Leopard/CS3/Rosetta area. I had issues and Leopard was the culprit until I moved to the Intel from G4 and things settled with my install of CS3/Leopard.

I believe the Rosetta/CS3 link is the issue. Perhaps (gulp) an erase and install may be a wise, but time consuming solution. It will at least be "clean".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.