Best Buy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
I no longer shop at BestBuy, my biggest beef with BB is the employees have zero experience for products... customer service skills are crappy... when I buy my Apple products I go direct to apple... The apple store for me is such a fun experience whenever I go...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
yeah apples financing is absolute GARBAGE. Best buys is awesome

however best buys customer service is generally awful as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz Intel Core Duo Extreme, 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
I no longer shop at BestBuy, my biggest beef with BB is the employees have zero experience for products... customer service skills are crappy... when I buy my Apple products I go direct to apple... The apple store for me is such a fun experience whenever I go...

I recently purchased my iphone at best buy. Its a lot closer than the apple store. Same price. I usually do most of my research online so theres no need to ask a best buy employee. Best Buy sometimes have great dvd deals and the rewards are worth it. I dont mind Best Buy at all.

Reaction score
I bought a Garmin GPS at BestBuy almost two weeks ago. Just like with computers, there is supposed to be a 15% restocking fee on opened GPS units returned. The girl who processed my return obviously didn't know this and promptly refunded the entire purchase price. Sometimes, buying things at BestBuy has it's rewards when you have to return things.

Interestingly enough, the girl had just returned back from a break and she put on a jacket. On the front of the jacket was the Geek Squad logo.

Reaction score
Got a Canon EOS 20D (almost 4yrs old) replaced with Canon EOS 40D under their extended warranty.

OP
Mufasa
Reaction score
yeah that's pretty funny. I found out yesterday when I walked into best buy to buy a drive for my computer that they no longer offer service plans. They offer somthing called black tie protection plan. Whatever it is it sounds like the same thing. Also, by walking through the computer department it seems like they accept returns regardless if you destroyed the box.

Reaction score
Well, every place carries the overpriced accessories. That's where BB makes the most money in the Computer dept. Personally, I find their prices mostly in line with Apple Stores.

I actually prefer to buy at BB over Apple store. As long as they have the product I want at the price I want, it's a MUCH easier ordeal. Of course, my local Apple store is in the middle of a mall and is always a complete zoo. I really hate having to go there.

I will personally tell you this because I am in fact a Best Buy Employee. We just like many other retail stores dont make much of any money off of laptops. I will admit some of the cables (such as HDMI) are quite expensive but I to do not always shop in my store. I like to bargin shop so Ill just look on ebay. lol

yeah that's pretty funny. I found out yesterday when I walked into best buy to buy a drive for my computer that they no longer offer service plans. They offer somthing called black tie protection plan. Whatever it is it sounds like the same thing. Also, by walking through the computer department it seems like they accept returns regardless if you destroyed the box.

yea Its called Geek Squad Black Tie Protection and for other smaller items its called Gadgets and Gizmos......OR as I call it GAG. Im not trying to promote for Best Buy but if you pay the extra to get the premium GSBTP when you bring your item in for service it actually gets pushed to the front of the line for repairs so it doesnt take that long for turn around. I thought that was pretty cool.

I am in fact a employee for Best Buy Mobile(cell phone department), so yea I cell Iphones....lol. I know many of you dont like to buy from us but its my job and I have to do it to my best ablilty. Well thats the way I see it. I myself may not know as much as a person who actually works for apple but I will assure you that if I get asked a question I don't have an answer for, I will not BS around and try to make something up. When Im not studying for my courses I usually try to read and research as much as possible on various cell phones cause I know what its like to go to a place with a head full of questions and nowone there knowledgable enough to answer them.

I went to the ATT store to purchase my Iphone and those salesmen are retarted. The first day I purchased my iphone I had a problem setting up my voicemail. I really didnt feel like dealing with the BS at the time and I didnt have anytime to research the problem so I went into the store, box and all and told them my problem and asked if i can exchange it. Now me working in Best Buy Mobile I know for a fact that you can return and exchange a device within 30 days. When I asked to exchange it they simply said "Oh we cant exchange any cell phones after youve purchased them" Im thinking What.

Anyway workig for Best Buy is a decent job for a college student so I wont complain.....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.