whats with the shipping time?

Reaction score
i ordered my mac off apple.com and have been waiting since the 8th. they stated it was shipped then and still yet to arrive here in ct. i track it andit states it has been in reno for the past 3 days.

any ideas?

Reaction score
No idea. I ordered mine on the 3rd. Got a shipping notice on the 5th with estimated arrival of the 11th. Surprisingly it arrived on the 7th. I'm amazed at shipping that quick from Shanghai.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
i ordered my mac off apple.com and have been waiting since the 8th. they stated it was shipped then and still yet to arrive here in ct. i track it andit states it has been in reno for the past 3 days.

any ideas?

Hmm...this sounds familiar..LOL. I had the same exact thing happen to me 2 weeks ago when I was waiting on my Mac. If they have shipped it then it should have an estimated date of delivery.

Whatever it is, Fedex should have it to you on that date. For some reason it's like a 'dead zone' in Reno. My package said 'in transit' from Sacramento, CA to Reno, NV until the day I was expected to receive it. My advice. Don't check it until the morning of the expected delivery date. If it still hasn't update, call 1-800-Go-Fedex and they should be able to give you an update.

Good luck, hope you get your mac on time!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 24" 2.8Ghz
Mine arrived in just under 24hours, it's from shenzhen (china).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5 GHz MBP 4GB Ram Glossy Screen
That does seem like a long wait. Did you custom configure it? I ordered mine on the 11th and it arrived this morning.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That does seem like a long wait. Did you custom configure it? I ordered mine on the 11th and it arrived this morning.

My came from California with free shipping. It took exactly 7 days from the time I ordered it from apple.com to get mine.

Reaction score
CHINA?? I thought Apple was an all US company. Their tech support is in US, right?? I hope... one of the reasons I went with Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
CHINA?? I thought Apple was an all US company. Their tech support is in US, right?? I hope... one of the reasons I went with Mac.

When you customize your mac, it ships from china. And yes there tech support is US based, unlike windows.

Do a search about applecare and you will see numerous discussions on this topic. Most applecare reps speak very good english ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
they're all made in China. Actually I can't think of a single computer that is made in the United States. Including mainframe stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G

OH CRAP!!! A CHELSEA FAN!!!!

too bad Arsenal is bringing it home this year!!!

:D

Reaction score

The world doesn't end at the borders of the US ;)
Apple is an international company (see http://www.apple.com/iphone/countries/) and like most companies assembles things in China because it's cheaper because they can pay employees WAY below the minimum wage in the US.

Although yeah, support is local to the country you're in.

OP
C
Reaction score
whoot theres hope!!! common tomorrow!!!!

Aug 15, 2008 4:46 PM

Arrived at FedEx location

WILLINGTON, CT

Aug 10, 2008 3:43 PM

In transit

RENO, NV

12:31 PM

Departed FedEx location

SACRAMENTO, CA

Aug 9, 2008 7:18 PM

Arrived at FedEx location

SACRAMENTO, CA

Aug 8, 2008 4:48 PM

Package data transmitted to FedEx

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.