• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My worst day ever

Z

zeppster

Today has to be one of the worst days of my life.

School today was an early dismissal because of the holliday break and stuff. So at 11:55 I went into town with two of my friends just to hang out for a while and see if Newbury Comics would give my friend $20 for a used PS2 game. Anyways. We missed the bus home twice and then we ended up taking the wrong one. Somehow we found ourselves about 4 miles away from my house in the freezing rain at 3:00. I live in a very small town in western massachusetts and I thought instead of taking the road we should just cut through the woods. BAD IDEA. We started on a small trail and everything looked like it was going to be okay. After about a mile on that trail we ran into the railroad tracks that go about 3 miles behind my house. The tracks are raised up about 15 feet on a mound of dirt and there was a small stream/river/brook thing right before we cross the tracks. Thinking the water would be frozen enough to walk across I took a stick and hit it hard a couple of times. Seemed fine. I went across first, but about half way I heard a cracking noise and the next thing I know I'm waist deep in water. 0 degree water(fahrenheit). Not worrying about getting wet anymore I just waded the rest of the way. My friends manged to get across unharmed using sticks and stuff.

After reaching the tracks we decided to not follow the tracks to the road but rather try to cut through some of the fields. Another bad Idea!We slipped under a rusty fence and started walking on a trail again. after about 100 yards we reached another river. A real river. A deep river, about 70 feet across. There was a beaver dam built basicly all the way across so we decided to risk it and walk across. This is where things started to get bad. We all fell at least twice but eventually got across. From here on it was just about 2.5 miles of walking in swampy, wet fields which wasn't that bad. Finally we got to my house and ordered pizza.

Congratulations you just wasted 5 minutes reading about my miserable life.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Pizza and root beer, right.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
That sounds like awesome fun actually. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
edgefusion said:
That sounds like awesome fun actually. :D
I agree, it takes a lot for me to get lost at all, I have a very good sense of direction and an IQ of 187(at last check a few years ago), but I did get lost once cause of my brother, it was pretty fun, we walked around half the city and ended up behind the zoo climbing across sewer pipes to get across a river/sewer outlet/something smelly, ,Im sure you think today was So terrible, but in a few years, youll look back and laugh. well, maybe not, but as I always say, what doesnt kill you only makes you stronger.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
zeppster said:
Today has to be one of the worst days of my life.

School today was an early dismissal because of the holliday break and stuff. So at 11:55 I went into town with two of my friends just to hang out for a while and see if Newbury Comics would give my friend $20 for a used PS2 game. Anyways. We missed the bus home twice and then we ended up taking the wrong one. Somehow we found ourselves about 4 miles away from my house in the freezing rain at 3:00. I live in a very small town in western massachusetts and I thought instead of taking the road we should just cut through the woods. BAD IDEA. We started on a small trail and everything looked like it was going to be okay. After about a mile on that trail we ran into the railroad tracks that go about 3 miles behind my house. The tracks are raised up about 15 feet on a mound of dirt and there was a small stream/river/brook thing right before we cross the tracks. Thinking the water would be frozen enough to walk across I took a stick and hit it hard a couple of times. Seemed fine. I went across first, but about half way I heard a cracking noise and the next thing I know I'm waist deep in water. 0 degree water(fahrenheit). Not worrying about getting wet anymore I just waded the rest of the way. My friends manged to get across unharmed using sticks and stuff.

After reaching the tracks we decided to not follow the tracks to the road but rather try to cut through some of the fields. Another bad Idea!We slipped under a rusty fence and started walking on a trail again. after about 100 yards we reached another river. A real river. A deep river, about 70 feet across. There was a beaver dam built basicly all the way across so we decided to risk it and walk across. This is where things started to get bad. We all fell at least twice but eventually got across. From here on it was just about 2.5 miles of walking in swampy, wet fields which wasn't that bad. Finally we got to my house and ordered pizza.

Congradulations you just wasted 5 minutes reading about my miserable life.
and you spelled congratulations wrong, so congratulations. lol.

Reaction score
i wasted more like 2 minutes because I scanned through it but glad you made it home safe :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.