A Few Different Questions

Reaction score
I was wondering two things (1) what is a good vocoder plugin for Logic Pro/Garageband/Ableton Live, I'm looking for a sorta Daft Punk soundng one, and (2) what is the best affordable (college budget) MIDI recording interface? Thanks for the help!

Reaction score
Hi, I cant help with the vocoder, but I assume you mean a midi control surface. Have a look at the Behringer BCF-2000.

I actually bought one just to see how bad it is, and its surprisingly good! It works perfectly with logic. You can set it to different emulation modes, so no setup is required.

Have a look at http://www.behringer.com/BCF2000/index.cfm

OP
P
Reaction score
Hi, I cant help with the vocoder, but I assume you mean a midi control surface. Have a look at the Behringer BCF-2000.

I actually bought one just to see how bad it is, and its surprisingly good! It works perfectly with logic. You can set it to different emulation modes, so no setup is required.

Have a look at http://www.behringer.com/BCF2000/index.cfm

Thats looks useful, but I was thinking of more of a audio/MIDI recording interface like the TASCAM US-144. Thanks for showing me that though!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MDD 867, 2GB, ATI 9800 Pro, 10.5.x
I've been using the m-audio firewire solo for a while and it hasn't let me down yet. Not sure what your needs are, but m-audio is a solid product and you can usually work the salesman at guitar center for a nice discount. The midi controller I have is that m-audio, tiny blue, oval thing with wires for $30 haha. Cheap little thing registers my hot drum beats with the best of em

Reaction score
Well college budget audio interface: lexicon alpha definately. It might be a bit basic, but if you only need good quality in and out without bells n whistles, thats the one to get. Note that it doesnt have phantom power though.

OP
P
Reaction score
The lexicon alpha looks great for the price but I need something with MIDI in/out also or is a MIDI to USB adapter reliable enough?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.