Office and Printer question

Reaction score
Ok so when I bought my Macbook last December I bought MS Word 2004 w/ it...I just have two problems:
1. I am eligible for this upgrade to 2008 but it doesn't work for some reason...I put in US and click continue and then it goes to a blank page and says done...in both Safari and Firefox...any way to fix/get it? (Yea I'm lazy and late hahah...)
2. My printer (HP DeskJet 812C) doesn't work w/ MS Word 2004 for some reason (but does w/ TextEdit) - would an upgrade to 2008 fix that? I have all the updated drivers and software and everything...

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I think you're going to have to give Microsoft a call and explain why you haven't downloaded your eligible upgrade copy of Office 2008 after all this time. The upgrade offer has long expired and the site is probably down. They might send you a 2008 disk if you cry on their shoulder, :[ or you may be out of luck. :Oops: Hopefully you've got proof of your Office 2004 purchase.

As for the printer, have you gone to the HP website and looked for an OS X updated driver?

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.