Microsoft Office = Firestarter?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13.3 White - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB Ram, 250 GB HDD
Hey all,

it's been 2 days since I've had my awesome and lovely macbook and I freakin' love it so much! It's like my baby hahaha. But yeah so today I was installing a bunch of stuff and downloading music... when I was installing Microsoft Office my computer fans were pretty loud and my laptop was really starting to get really really hot. Is that normal? usually my fan exhaust is like 1800 area... but when it was finishing the install the fan exhaust was like 6200 i was like... WOW what the heck? and bottom of the laptop was pretty hot... not the battery but the opposite side of the battery (maybe the harddrive?) well all in all, is that normal...

PS I hate microsoft but I need it for my school and projects and stuff cause my other classmates have pcs (d'oh!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
RSum,

It could have been your Mac going through some maintenance scripts. It can get wound up when it does that.

It usually does that after it wakes from sleep in the morning after you open it up for the day, but I've had that happen in the middle of the day sometimes... That does sound like the hard drive spinning and causing heat.

If it does that every time you open an Office app, then I'd begin to wonder...

Noel

Reaction score
why not get Iwork 08, it can import and export every type of office document. thats what im doing till school gets office 08 for macs at the pimping price of $15...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
thats what im doing till school gets office 08 for macs at the pimping price of $15...

that is certainly pimping.... wanna sell me a copy.

Reaction score
I wish MS would port OneNote to MAC i cant find a decent replacement for it and I use it everyday for everything i love onenote so much i almost didnt buy a macbook because MAC office doesnt come with it. so i have to run VMfusion to use onenote on my mac not very fun but a workaround for now. pls bring onenote to the MAC MS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
I wish MS would port OneNote to MAC i cant find a decent replacement for it and I use it everyday for everything i love onenote so much i almost didnt buy a macbook because MAC office doesnt come with it. so i have to run VMfusion to use onenote on my mac not very fun but a workaround for now. pls bring onenote to the MAC MS.

badphish,

You could get One Note by installing Windows on your Mac... easiest way is to install a VM like Parallels and then import your copy of Windows. Then you could install the Home 7 Student version of Office 2007 with One Note.

Costs a little for the VM (maybe for $70) and the copy of Windows ($84 for XP from Newegg), but if you like One Note that much, it would work that way...

Noel

Reaction score
There's an application called Evernote for the Mac that you can download here. It seems pretty similar to OneNote.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.