Vector

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
Is it easiest to do vector in Adobe Illustrator CS3?
I have tried it in Photoshop CS3 and never liked the way that it turned out.
I basically do all the outlines and stuff like that in Illustrator and then Open it in Photoshop to do all the effects and Colors.
Any suggestions; Im really interested in Vector

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Is it easiest to do vector in Adobe Illustrator CS3?
I have tried it in Photoshop CS3 and never liked the way that it turned out.
I basically do all the outlines and stuff like that in Illustrator and then Open it in Photoshop to do all the effects and Colors.
Any suggestions; Im really interested in Vector

Photoshop is really not intended to be a Vector graphics program. Illustrator would be more suited to that task. You could also try the open source Inkscape, which is similar to Illustrator.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Vector Artwork is a lot easier in Illustrator than in Photoshop. I don't know why you would have to switch between the two because you can do effects and coloring in Illustrator as well.

Illustration I did a year ago for a Poster Project for Cartoon Network. All Illustrator no Photoshop whatsoever.

Robot.png

OP
Mjc.americor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
Thanks Guys, I have always preferred Illustrator anyways!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2.26ghz MacBook 6,1 Late 2009 250GB HD 8GB ram, Mavericks, 30GB Ipod Video, 16GB Iphone 5 ;-)
Yes if your really doing detailed vecotor art, I recommend Illustrator and all the coloring and effects can be done on it as well. Good luck...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Illustrator is my tool of choice. I love it. I did this today in a few minutes from scratch. It may seem simple, and it is. But vector art doesn't have to be complex to be good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You can also organise your vector art in layers, if you then export the file to Photoshop from illustrator, the Photoshop file will keep all the layers - making any Photoshop tweaking easier

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.