I'm running Tiger... What do I do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" i7 Unibody, HK Speakers and a Wacom A5 Wide tablet
I am running Tiger on my Macbook Pro and want to run Windows in Boot Camp. I thought Boot Camp was still freely available but it has expired and only available in Leopard. I don't want to upgrade to Leopard as I'm not sure of the situation with compatiblity as I use Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects alot. Is there no way apart from VMware and Parallels to run Windows on Tiger (as I want Hardware acceleration as well to play games and test videos). Or is Leopard okay at running with Adobe CS3 and Final Cut Pro then I'll just upgrade.

My Specs are:-

MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo
2GB Ram
256 VRam
100GB Hard Drive

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The Bootcamp that worked with Tiger was a Time Limited BETA. Apple said that from the start and that when Leopard was released, the final Bootcamp would come with Leopard and the Beta would expire which it did.

CS3 works great with 10.5 Leopard. What version of Final Cut Pro are you running?

OP
randomfactor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Bootcamp that worked with Tiger was a Time Limited BETA. Apple said that from the start and that when Leopard was released, the final Bootcamp would come with Leopard and the Beta would expire which it did.

CS3 works great with 10.5 Leopard. What version of Final Cut Pro are you running?

Im using Final Cut Pro 5. Also whats the performance like going from Tiger to Leopard as I'm worried about making my laptop sluggish.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I haven't seen this option mentioned in the past, but before Apple even announced Boot Camp, someone won a contest to find a way to get Windows to install on Intel Macs. I just did a little digging and that project is alive and well as an alternative to Boot Camp. I can't vouch for how well it does or doesn't work though.

EDIT: Errr... then again maybe it isn't alive and well... the site is generating some errors for me now.

OP
randomfactor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I haven't seen this option mentioned in the past, but before Apple even announced Boot Camp, someone won a contest to find a way to get Windows to install on Intel Macs. I just did a little digging and that project is alive and well as an alternative to Boot Camp. I can't vouch for how well it does or doesn't work though.

I remember seeing this on the Macbreak Podcast it uses a modified EFI file to boot your mac from if I remember correctly. But its not fully supported.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.