Problem with Powerbook 12" keyboard

Reaction score
I recently bought a 12" powerbook that the left half of the keyboard was not working. This was going to be an extra computer to have around for the kids or whoever needed it. I bought a replacement, used keyboard off ebay and after installing it it is doing the exact same thing. Most of the keys on the left side are not working along with a few on the right side. Any ideas? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
Sounds like a logic board problem if the new keyboard is doing the same thing. Maybe the connector on the board is damaged. Sorry I couldn't be more help..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lombard 400, 190cs, Wallstreet 233
Have you tried using a USB keyboard to see if it has the same problem. Might some odd software problem.

OP
C
Reaction score
I'm afraid it might be a logic board. I've tried a usb keyboard and that works fine. Anyone have a logic board for a 1.5ghz 12" powerbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lombard 400, 190cs, Wallstreet 233
Doubtful that it is the logic board. It may just need a new internal keyboard and you can get those off of ebay fairly cheap.

Reaction score
I have the same problem. The left half of my keyboard stops working. A few hours later (after moving to a different location, also) it starts working again. No reason for either one I can see. Don't much like the sound of a logic board!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Get a used keyboard off of eBay first before you start panicking.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.