• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple ipod rebate...exchange ipod for something else after getting rebate??

Reaction score
I recently sold my FAR ipod on ebay and I included a copy of the invoice receipt. I'm wondering if the person I sold it to can go into an Apple store with the receipt and exchange it for something else, thus resulting in Apple charging the amount of the rebate check back to my credit card?

My friend said that the serial number for the ipod is linked to the rebate in Apple's computer system so it won't let them get an exchange. Is this true? I know it's not likely, but it would suck if the person I sold it to decided to exchange it for something else and Apple charged me the amount of the rebate check.:(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.