Unable to install bootcamp drivers

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to these forums and was wondering if anyone could help me out. I recently got a early 2008 20" iMac. I proceeded to install XP with a OEM disc with SP2. Everything with the XP install went smoothly until I started to install the bootcamp drivers from the Lepoard disc. Right when it starts to install the wireless drivers, XP BSODs on me. I did some research online and some people say to install the drivers from the recovery discs that came with the iMac, but I seem to have misplaced those discs. Is there any other solutions to this problem? Any help will be great.

:D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You've tried installing the Boot Camp drivers from the Leopard disk - I'm assuming this is a Leopard disk you purchased when you misplaced the originals that came with your iMac? It really shouldn't matter since a purchased generic Leopard disk set would have all necessary drivers for Mac hardware in order to use it in either XP or Vista. What you can do is download drivers direct from Apple and see if that works for you.

http://www.apple.com/search/downloads/?q=Boot+Camp+drivers

As long as you can boot to XP and it runs, you should be able to manually install drivers for your iMac hardware. If it's only the Airport card driver that blue screened on you, you may be able to install it separately.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.5Ghz 4GB RAM
I have a similar problem, in my case, my MacBook Pro came with a MacBook Air's Mac OSX installation disk, so the disk I have only prompts me for the installation of OSX on an Air!

I will try downloading the 2.1 update and install it to see if that will do the trick. I hope so, Apple is shipping me an OSX cd, but that might a week, and I really can't wait that long.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.