G5 tower fans running high unresponsive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
My wife complained while I was out of the country that the G5 would "Make loud noises and not work"

What is happening is the cooling fans sound as though all are on full bore as well as the computer is unresponsive, in other words it is in sleep mode and will not come out of sleep mode even after hitting a keystroke.

What should I look at to determine what could be the issue?

Its a power PC chipset and I am running the newer 10.5 operating system.

OP
Odin_aa
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
Thanks, will give that a try when I get home from work today.

This is the first trouble I have had with the system, it has to be 6/7 years old.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Any success Odin aa?

OP
Odin_aa
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You know, I have not done it yet.

Need to pull the system out from next to my desk to get at the reset button and it has not done it again. So, it happened for me once so far in two weeks....will be hard to tell if it works or not after performing the fix.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.