e commerce?

Reaction score
What is the best e commerce software to use with Dreamweaver? Also what other programs do I need?

Thanks,
Ryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Depends what you are looking for. There are several packages out there that will run a store or shopping cart or catalog for you. A lot of webhosting companies will let you install them through their control panel so you don't even need to do much yourself.

OP
R
Reaction score
Can you give me a little more detail. I just need it for probably less than 30 products. I looked at cartweaver, but I think I would have to invest in other programs such as Cold Fusion to use it. Maybe I am wrong. What are some of the names of other products?

Thanks,
Ryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Are you looking to host it yourself? The first thing I suppose you need to determine who where the website will be. If you are hosting it locally, then you have more say over the web server. If you host it at a webhost, you sort of have to go with their environment.

For example, CubeCar, OS Commerce, and Zen Cart are all listed as being installable on my webhost control panel. So in theory I could click a few buttons and have them installed automatically.

Reaction score
There isn't necessarily a relationship between Dreamweaver and e-commerce hosting packages.

Dreamweaver is one of an array of tools that can be used to create Web pages. Any of these tools should also work for creating e-commerce sites.

Having said that, Adobe has created specific platforms for e-commerce that you might want to check out:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/ecommerce.html

Also, there is a Dreamweaver template available for PayPal. I'd imagine there are other e-commerce engines that also have Dreamweaver templates.

Reaction score
DreamWeaver is just a program to create web pages. Those pages should be compatible with any open source e-commerce software if the web server where your website is hosted supports this software.

Zen cart is OK. You can use it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
If you want a custom website Dreamweaver is relatively easy to learn, there are extensions available that add the shopping cart aspect. Cartweaver is available for asp, php and cold fusion, Webassist offers e-cart and many other options that in my opinion are the best choice. Now if you don't need that "one off" look, most web hosts have multiple choices availble for template driven easy to install and use cart programs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.