What Macbook Pro Battery?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" i7 Unibody, HK Speakers and a Wacom A5 Wide tablet
I have sent my Macbook Pro for repair and the technician says it will need a new battery even the though the laptop is less than 18 months old but doing some reading this seems a habitual thing for MBP batteries. I looked at the Apple UK store and the a battery for my 15" Macbook Pro will cost £99 which is really expensive. Does anyone know any alternative places to buy preferably in the UK and are non-Apple batteries okay?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Humm I checked around on the net for replacement batteries. These companies are in the US though. The batteries are around 99.95 USD so I guess that's not exactly any cheaper either considering they charge 22 bucks to ship internationally.

P.s Love your Totoro avatar. ^-^

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
$99 USD is significantly cheaper than £99, even with the shipping charges.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
$99 USD is significantly cheaper than £99, even with the shipping charges.

Wow you are right, it's almost double USD. >_>""

Anyways this place is having a sale.
This place is cheaper by 5 bucks but is generic.

OP
randomfactor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Humm I checked around on the net for replacement batteries. These companies are in the US though. The batteries are around 99.95 USD so I guess that's not exactly any cheaper either considering they charge 22 bucks to ship internationally.

P.s Love your Totoro avatar. ^-^

I wanted the battery from the UK because of warranty issues. And I am very aware of the fakes from Hong Kong and China on eBay.

Thanks for the compliment- Totoro is very cool!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wanted the battery from the UK because of warranty issues. And I am very aware of the fakes from Hong Kong and China on eBay.

Thanks for the compliment- Totoro is very cool!

If you are really set on getting one from the UK then here.

I don't understand the warranty issues that you are talking about? I looked at the Warranty info on the websites that I posted and they seem pretty legit and straight forward.

OP
randomfactor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you are really set on getting one from the UK then here.

I don't understand the warranty issues that you are talking about? I looked at the Warranty info on the websites that I posted and they seem pretty legit and straight forward.

Its just if something goes wrong I don't want the hassle of senting back overseas.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.