New mac pro

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just bought a second hand mac pro and it has already been reformatted and given a clean install.

However, I would like to do this again as I want to set it up from the beginning myself (register my own details etc...).

To do this, do I need to reformat it again? Or can I just alter the registration details somewhere?

Also, it has been upgraded with more Ram, a better graphics card and an airport card, if I reformat it, would these come up as 'installed' or do I need to go through another process to reinstall them?

Cheers,

J.

OP
F
Reaction score
In other words, after having performed a clean install of osx, will i need to reinstall the graphics card, ram and airport upgrades? Or will they automatically come up as 'installed' as they are already physically attached to the mac..?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
I would use the experience to reinstall and set up your own machine. If all the installed devices are Mac versions, all will be fine except for third party cards like RAID or non basic stuff. Use system profiler to see if anything over and above the basic shows up.

Before you do the install and reformat, download the latest combo updater and this will save a lot of time getting back to current OX level. It should fit on a USB stick or DVD easily.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.