Web sharing a folder in osx

O

officehelper

in our office we have one file that needs to be shared on the network through web sharing. we don't want shared document access, just the availability to share it through the network

its a file that is related to filemaker

our IT guy who is not local said that it has to remain on our old system computer os9 because osx won't share it properly.

I would really like to get rid of the old computer and free up more space. is there anyway at all that we can web share this folder on osx?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
OS X has a Personal Web Sharing feature in the Sharing pane of System Preferences. If you turn it on, anything in the Sites folder (Your HD:Users:USERNAME:Sites) is shared.

Without knowing exactly what it is you are sharing, who will be using it, and how, I can't say if this will work for you. You can try it and see, if you like.

You mentioned that it was a FileMaker-related file. Some versions of FileMaker (Especially the Server versions) have built-in web sharing features, which might help you.

OP
O

officehelper

we use FM server 5.5 and Fm version 6. we are sharing a file of 10k resumes that are attached toall our files in FM. I'll try it and see if it works

but In FM I'll need to change the location of the resumes right? will it still work if I give it my IP address?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Sorry, but I don't really know what to tell you. Maybe a true FileMaker guru could help, but sadly, I'm not one. Good luck, though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.