Renaming disks

Reaction score
I switched my "MAIN" boot disk to my old partition B due to MAIN being my only original disk and having only 50GB on it (for all my apps) and changed its name to "PARTITION B" when I erased it with the disk utility, but the old PARTITION B is still called "PARTITION B". How do I change its name without erasing it? I don't see any way to do that in the disk utility.
-thx in advance for help :Smirk:

Reaction score
If I understand correctly, you have one drive that has been partitioned into two parts (main and partition b). You have renamed main to partition b when you erased it. Now you have two partitions, each named partition b, which implies to me that you have two drives showing up on your desktop with the same name. All you have to do to change the name of a drive is to click on it once to select it, wait, click on it once again. This will select and highlight the current name, at which point you can type in whatever you like.

OP
Wman
Reaction score
No, two drives. I though thats what you do as that seems to be how it works with files, but it isnt working. Maybe I don't have the technique down lol. Ah, there I changed them to DRIVE A and B. Thanks. I must look like such an idiot for asking a question about something so simple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.