Your Mac's Specs
2.93GHz Quad-core Intel Xeon processor RuningSnoLeopard v 10.6.4 DDRe
Hi,
I'm still working on gettin' my 1.6GHz G5 hooked up{ which for me [ I'm
in a chair, got dexterity and perceptual handicaps, and I live in 'old folks'
home [ so the staff don't want to mess with any hi-tech hardware, 'cause
they don't know squat about, which is all 'fine and dandy' 'cause I'd hate to
have em **** it up, out of ignorance.
Anyway, I do alot of PHOTOSHOP ediimg and I had PScs for Windows before I came to the LIGHT. But now, I thought Gott-****! gotta fork
over 650.00 for PScs (mac). But. low and behold, Adobe will send youthe right version, but you have to fax them a pdf Downloadableaffidavit promising you'll estroy the Windows version. I sez: Hott ****!
When can you fax it to me?
As soon as I get me printer workin'! ****t, I say and then, Hallellulia!!
Yes, Viginia, there is a Santa Claus! I figured it out ( even went to the Canon website to download the required driver, got it printed, signed and faxed in. OK, today I try Sound. Any suggestions?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
ajresovsky said:
OK, today I try Sound. Any suggestions?

I am a little confused about your question. What is it you are asking. Are looking for a sound editing program like Sound Studio? If so you can search either Version Tracker or Mac Update for sound editing applications.

OP
ajresovsky
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.93GHz Quad-core Intel Xeon processor RuningSnoLeopard v 10.6.4 DDRe
OK, ok, What simple add-on - tired of 'noise' from 3" speaker

rman said:
I am a little confused about your question. What is it you are asking. Are looking for a sound editing program like Sound Studio? If so you can search either Version Tracker or Mac Update for sound editing applications.
Chances are I'll be doing the upgrade, myself, so keep it simple!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well if you mean hooking up your G5 to a sound system (as in speakers etc.) then I'd recommend you take a look at some of logitechs new offerings, they seemed pretty decent for the price.

The upgrade isn't really hard: just plug the speakers into the audio-out jack of your powermac and you'll be set.

You don't need 5.1 (5 speaker + 1 subwoofer) speaker systems unless you want surround sound for dvd playback. A 2.1 (i.e stereo speakers + 1 subwoofer) system should set you up fine...

If you mean sound editors, check out the links rman provided...

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I think you are right Aptmunich. For some reason he put the answer to a previous question in the title field and not in the body.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.