Running dual displays with Powermac G4

Reaction score
I have the powermac G4 (FW-800, 1.25 GHZ, I think) and it has an Nvidia GEforce video card that does support two displays, but has one ADC and one DVI output. I'm planning to run two of these until I can afford some new LCD displays. I believe they have ADC inputs, so I can easily have one, but what should I do to get two ADC outputs on my PC, or, for later, two DVI outputs? What to do?
-thx!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
I'd suggest simply swaping the video card out, there are upgrade options out there like ATI based solutions that either have a DVI and a VGA out or dual VGA outs, just takes some looking, I'm partial to places like OWC (Other World Computing) for finding stuff like that.

OP
Wman
Reaction score
I need ADC out, not VGA. Either way -- DVI and ADC, DVI and VGA, or VGA and VGA), I would have only one monitor. I need dual ADC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you happen to do a simply Google Search for simply "DVI to ADC adapter" you will get results, there are adapters available to change a DVI out to ADC......cheers.

OP
Wman
Reaction score
Oh thanks. I may do that, but they are rather expensive. :( Is there any video card with dual ADC outs, or a PCI card with a single ADC out. If I add another card with ADC and use that along with the ADC out I already have on my current video card, both displays will work right? Is there any way I can do this?

OP
Wman
Reaction score
Dude I friggin love you! I've been looking for a DVI to ADC for so long and I could only find some really old ones (no longer in production) mentioned in blogs and the expensive apple one. This is exactly what I want!

Thank you! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yer welcome, happy to be of help :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.