Ever heard of this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
So this morning I was at work and a girl came in with an iPhone in hand. She was waiting for her smoothie (I work at Jamba Juice) and texting. I decided to strike up a conversation with her and asked her if that was the new 3G iPhone. She replied no but it was fast like a 3G. Me being confused asked her what she meant by that.

She told me that she had all the programs like the 3G. That made sense because of the 2.0 firmware. She then went on to say that she took it to an ATT store and they made it so she can get 3G speed. She said they charged her a small fee for it.

Has anyone heard about this? I find it hard to believe because 3G is based on hardware and I didn't call her out on it haha. I just told her that was cool and had to do that to my phone.

OP
Eric559
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol that's garbage mate. I call shanaigans

Haha. My thoughts exactly! I should of asked her to see the 3G at the top of the phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Hot enough to compel you to strike up a conversation with, yet dumb as a brick... odds are she was a natural blonde. Right? ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Hot enough to compel you to strike up a conversation with, yet dumb as a brick... odds are she was a natural blonde. Right? ;D

Hoo boy, you're going to get mail on that one :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody

**** straight! lol!!!

Did you tell her that you could increase her computer speed if you could only come over and look at it for her? ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
Maybe they helped her update to 2.0, and therefore she was thinking this made it like the newer phone hence, "faster" in her mind.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)
Probably not true. Maybe she misunderstood.

OP
Eric559
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Maybe they helped her update to 2.0, and therefore she was thinking this made it like the newer phone hence, "faster" in her mind.

That's what I first though too. She said she paid for it though and it wasn't free. I don't think ATT would of charged her for helping her upgrade...maybe.

Yeah she probably most likely misunderstood. I mean she's a girl..what does she know! ;) Just kidding I love girls.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook Intel 2 Duo Core.. 120 GB HD.. 3 GB Ram
So you make conversation with this girl... And all you can focus is on the iPhone? "Just when I think you can't get any dumber, you go out and do something like this.... And totally redeem yourself!" <-- Dumb and Dumber

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Hey Eric, maybe she paid for one of those shiny 3G SIM cards ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
After all that did you get her number?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.