internet problem

Reaction score
i have iMac G5 with powerpc g5 and d-link adsl router connected to mac through usb cable
now i can access internet form firefox as well as some other third party software but not from safari and mac it self so can't update my mac with it's inbuilt update feature please help me

OP
P
Reaction score
i have iMac G5 with powerpc g5 and d-link adsl router connected to mac through usb cable
now i can access internet form firefox as well as some other third party software but not from safari and mac it self so can't update my mac with it's inbuilt update feature please help me:Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
If you take out the router and connect to the internet (is this dial up or cable for example) is everything working now?

Check to see that the Mac is connecting by ethernet (not USB) and is using DHCP(Preferences>Network). Perhaps it is connecting using Bluetooth to someone else's connection and you think it is yours. I have my bluetooth off and connect by ethernet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.