iMac 24'' Moisture under the Monitor Glass

Reaction score
I am using the iMac 24 inches (2.8Ghz)
Several times I noticed Moisture forming under the protection glass... I noticed that the image on the screen is blurry, thought first that it was smth on the screen, when I tried to remove it with a tissue I realized it is under the glass...

Did anybody have the same problem?
Is it dangerous for my iMac?
What can be the causes of it?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Any kind of moisture getting in to the machine or behind the view glass of the monitor is not something you want.

Where do you live? Are you using your machine in an air conditioned room or in a place where the humidity is high?

Sometimes condensation can form because of rapid changes in temperature - that should be avoided. Usually though after equipment warms up the condensation will disappear.

Regards.

OP
antondubai
Reaction score
Yes, I live in Dubai. Its +54 today outside and the AC works all day long... I tried to switch the AC off - it worked... but I really worry if it can cause any damage to my iMac =( I live in the dorms of a university here is a central Air Conditioning and I can put it on "dry" mode =(((

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
Hmm, do you have apple care ?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes, I live in Dubai. Its +54 today outside and the AC works all day long... I tried to switch the AC off - it worked... but I really worry if it can cause any damage to my iMac =( I live in the dorms of a university here is a central Air Conditioning and I can put it on "dry" mode =(((

During the years I worked with main frames, it was absolutely mandatory to keep humidity levels low and an ambient temperature in accordance with manufacturer specs. If at all possible, keep the Air on low but make sure it's removing humidity from the surrounding area.

As I mentioned in my first reply, it's rapid changes in temperature and humidity which will cause condensation to occur. The problem with condensation buildup is that after awhile it forms scales and ridges at the lowest point of run off or where it dries. You definitely don't want that to happen to your iMac. I'm not sure Apple would cover that kind of damage under its warranty.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.