iPhone photo rotation incorrect

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB @5200 rpm Hard Drive, OS X 10.5
Recently, I took some on the spot pictures with my iPhone. I used image capture to sync the pictures to my MBP, and then subsequently deleted them from my camera roll on the phone. I put them all in a folder called “iPhone photos”. I sync the phone with iTunes to get those pictures, and others, back to the phone. Now I have a nice neat place for all of the pictures I’ve taken with the phone that is both on the phone and on the Mac. The only problem is that when I view the pictures on the phone they are rotated an extra 90 degrees. Any idea on why this is? Am I going to have to open all of those pictures in Photoshop and get them rotated back to normalcy? Lol.

One thing I noticed is that it only does this rotation 90 degrees counter clockwise, and only to the photos that I have taken while the iPhone was vertical (as in the normal orientation on the phone). Totally annoying!

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB @5200 rpm Hard Drive, OS X 10.5
Did you ever get a resolution for this? I'm having the same issue.

I did. I started using iPhoto to sync with the iPhone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.