Network HD Issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
I have two HD's connected to my time capsule and I store all of my media on them. I use visualhub to convert files to go on my ipod over the network. It has always gone quickly and flawlessly. Recently, transfers began to take a very long time. it looks like transferring any file on the network drives is getting slower. Anyone know what the problem might be?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Have you tried restarting the Time Capsule? (Not resetting the configuration, just turning it off and on again)

OP
eliehass
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
Yup. It didn't help. I reset it though, and now its fine again.

OP
eliehass
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
and now the problem is back...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
There are certainly various things it could be, so it's hard to say. A drive could be going bad, there could be something causing network problems, an app could be trying to run/monitor/do something during the file transfer. Is it any file you transfer, or just when converting with that app you mentioned?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.