iMovie Weirdness - New User Error?

Reaction score
Ok, I started using iMovie yesterday. I like it.. it is fun to go back and see the kids while they were young (and easy to deal with).

I seem to have done something weird and it is killing me. I am sure I caused it do to inexperience, I have owned my Mac for a little over three weeks.

The project frame is gone. Well actually not gone but I can't get to it. When I start iMovie the menu bar shows up as normal but nothing else does. The strange part is if I press CMD+Tab the project window comes zooming in from the right hand side but as soon as I let go of the keys it goes flying back to the right. It is sorta acting like I have two screens and it is living on the right hand screen.

Does anyone know how to force the project screen to stay visible?

Reaction score
Try this first. Go to preferences in your account name find the imovie preference file put it in the trash empty the trash and then open imovie and see if that fixes it. Deleting a preference file usually resets the program to the default settings.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.