Sharing printers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB G4. 15" 512MB RAM & EMac G4 superdrive
I have 2 Macs on airport and a pc with cat5 working off of a Belkin router. I would like to share the printer that is physically connected to one of the Macs. I do not know how. Can someone help me? Please. Any help would be appreciated.

1 eMac G4 running Panther
1 PowerBook G4
1 PC running XP

The printer is an HP printer/copier/scanner with USB connection to the eMac.

Thanks to anyone who throws me a bone. :dive:

D

Desolate One

I'm in a similar situation, I have my Canon printer connected to one of my Xp Pro systems. I was able to find the proper drivers for my Mac but unfortunately found out that my Canon isn't supported as a remote printer. So until I have it physically connected to the Mac I wont be able to print...

Totally off topic, I know, but this will benifit you. Whilst rooting around in System Prefs in the printer option, after installing the Canon drivers, I recall seeing an option to share the printer. I never went beyond that point since it wasn't the Mac that was doing the sharing. Have a look and get back. I'll be connecting my Canon to the Mac soon and would like to hear how it worked out for you! :)

OP
scubagal
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB G4. 15" 512MB RAM & EMac G4 superdrive
Thanks, I will. Thanks for the response. Lately the questions I posted haven't been getting any hits.

Desolate One said:
I'm in a similar situation, I have my Canon printer connected to one of my Xp Pro systems. I was able to find the proper drivers for my Mac but unfortunately found out that my Canon isn't supported as a remote printer. So until I have it physically connected to the Mac I wont be able to print...

Totally off topic, I know, but this will benifit you. Whilst rooting around in System Prefs in the printer option, after installing the Canon drivers, I recall seeing an option to share the printer. I never went beyond that point since it wasn't the Mac that was doing the sharing. Have a look and get back. I'll be connecting my Canon to the Mac soon and would like to hear how it worked out for you! :)

D

Desolate One

I'd definitely help out more if I could, but I'm still very much a n00b when it comes to Macs. I really want to go to one of those Apple classes (camps?), but they seem rather expensive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
yes they aer expensive. a friend of mine is getting me all the training stuff, videos, manuals, etc. they recently had a sale on those courses, watch if they have it again, it was only like 300$ on sale.

D

Desolate One

Blatent hijack: Well for me and my current Mac knowledge I would go for the Fundamentals class which I believe is priced @ $250, as is the Daily Productivity course as well.

Back on track: scubagal, any new developments?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
the couse Im referring to was to become an apple certified tech, usually over 800 dollars.

D

Desolate One

Macman said:
the couse Im referring to was to become an apple certified tech, usually over 800 dollars.

I've noticed courses in the 3k range. Are those to get a job at their head office? ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no, thats a more advanced apple tech certification.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.