ibook g3 logic board power problem

Reaction score
ugh...
I have a ibook g3 600Mhz and a logic board problem.

i have figure out that my logic board has a defective power chip but i can't figure out where the chip would be?

if someone could tell me where it is that would be great

thanks, matthew

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How did you determine that the logic board is at fault? What are the symptoms (since you haven't told us anything else)?

If it really is a logic board that is defective, you will not be able to just replace one component on the board. The entire board has to be replaced.

Go to www.ifixit.com and look up your model G3 iBook. You can get some idea of what it would cost and what's involved to replace the board if you did it yourself.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Does the hard drive spin on your ibook? Usually that is a red flag for a faulty logic board.

OP
M
Reaction score
no nothing spins or lights up, but the battery does charge. that how i know it's one of the PMU power chips that's bad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.