What is the best way to prop up an Alu keyboard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Well I took the plunge today and spend $69 on a new Apple alu keyboard. I didn't want to but my old white one was just so noisy. But even only after using it for literally 30 mins now, I'm already liking it. Well all bar one thing.

I didn't like the angle of the new keyboard. It's so flat to the desk. Like I'm almost typing directly onto the desk. Well it felt that way with t he keyboard. So I got a little towel and put it under the back side of my keyboard to raise the back part a bit. And it feels much better now.

And my question is: Is there a better way to prop up the back of the keyboard so it feels more natural to type on?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
in any store that sells general hardware type stuff - like picture hooks and shelf paper, you're bound to find stick on rubber feet in clear, black, brown, etc in various sizes and shapes. they're usually pretty cheap and i've seen them as thick as about 1/2". check around for something like that.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's exactly what I did with my aluminum keyboard. I purchased clear plastic feet with self stick on backs and attached them to the underside of the keyboard in the area where the "F" keys are located. Still not ideal for me but better than the flat positioning.

Regards.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Thanks for the advice. I will look into that tomorrow.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A little update:

I went out to the hardware store and bought myself 6 little square plastic pieces. Like little feet. And I stuck two of them on the back of my keyboard. Not high enough. So I stuck another one on each of the two already there for extra height. And having the 2 lots of two there really helped. I think something like this is a mist for the alu keyboard. But each to his/her own I guess.

So in the end the above advices helped me and I'm now happy with the setup.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.