Firefox crashing after installing Security Update 2008-005 (1.0)! Please help!

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum so if this has been posted already I apologize. If so, can someone please redirect me to that thread?

I have Firefox 3 installed on my Mac which is running Mac OS X 10.5.4 (9E17). When I came in this morning, I saw that there was a new security update available:

2008-08-11 08:57:29 -0400: Installed "Security Update 2008-005" (1.0)

Ever since I installed this update FF3 has been crashing. I don't even have to DO anything, it just crashes after being open for about 15 seconds... This is the first issue I have had with the new version of FF3 since installing it.

Has anybody else run into this problem??? Does anyone know if the security update and FF3 suddenly crashing are linked???

Please help! :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
No works perfectly. Suggest trashing and downloading and installing new copy of FF.

OP
J
Reaction score
I did that but it still crashes. I was even able to uninstall my add-ons in the short window I am given. That didn't make a difference either.

Thanks though

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.