World of warcraft? charged? or battery power?

Reaction score
hello guys...
i am new to mac OS and i would like to ask if we are playing world of warcraft for a period of time e.g 3 hrs is it better to keep the computer charged even at full power or remove the charger and just play it on battery power? because i am only getting around 1.5 hrs even at full charge and i just bought my mac a couple of days ago? is this normal as well?

thank you :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 7200RPM 200GB
hello guys...
i am new to mac OS and i would like to ask if we are playing world of warcraft for a period of time e.g 3 hrs is it better to keep the computer charged even at full power or remove the charger and just play it on battery power? because i am only getting around 1.5 hrs even at full charge and i just bought my mac a couple of days ago? is this normal as well?

thank you :D

WOW is pretty CPU and GPU intensive, so I have no doubt that your battery won't last very long. In previous threads, people have always said that you should always leave your MBP plugged in when you can. Good luck! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 7200RPM 200GB
I've never personally played WoW, but I've heard there are lots that do and from what I've read, it should run great! :)

MBPs are awesome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM
I play it on my MBP.. Handles like a dream.. Im on 2gig of ram though. The battery lasts around 45mins if its fully charged.

Cuts it to just over a third..

Ive stopped playing for a while.. Just got to 70 on my Priest, and I need to get some work done !

OP
V
Reaction score
WoW runs really smooth on my MBP compared to my windows vista laptop
with the same spec

i am really happy so far with the performance and picture quality :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)
I got about 35 mins on my Macbook when I used to play so your pretty lucky haha.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.