Inexpensive Image Program?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I have some photos that I want to blur the text on. They're old postcards I want to put on my blog, but I want address information, etc., blurred a little so it's unreadable. I've scanned the postcards and they're in my Mac, but now what? Is there some software that will do that easily? I've heard a lot about Photoshop Elements and am wondering if that's my best bet. Many thanks.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
How about a free program - the gimp

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I have some photos that I want to blur the text on. They're old postcards I want to put on my blog, but I want address information, etc., blurred a little so it's unreadable. I've scanned the postcards and they're in my Mac, but now what? Is there some software that will do that easily? I've heard a lot about Photoshop Elements and am wondering if that's my best bet. Many thanks.

Take a serious look at Pixelmator. It's amazing and very inexpensive compared to something like Photoshop (or even PS Elements). The Gimp is great, but it can be kludgy on Mac OS and difficult to use. By contrast, Pixelmator is very straightforward and has been built from the ground up to take advantage of the technologies built into Mac OS.

See it in action here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display
OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Thanks. I'm giving Pixelmator a try.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD
Pixelmator is nice if you're willing to pay, but i second Bluegrass-Seashore is a very nice free app that I would try before paying for anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Seashore.

It's free

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
adobe lightroom is a great program and is reasonable.
Its for both mac and pc

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.